Old 05-15-2018, 09:27 PM
Swakid8
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2015

Originally Posted by Mustache View Post
swakid8 and irrelevant appreciate the info. definitely very useful. and yes, to whichever one of you it was (i think irrelevant) i am going to move to base regardless of where it is. only commute i may consider is choosing CVG because it seems its very junior and im interested in living in cincinnati, and id do the DAY commute or PHL commute if i had to (training and maybe a few months to start). otherwise id swap to CVG asap to live in base with a 20 min commute from downtown cincinnati area.

Also, does anyone have any insight into critical lines or access to a recent schedule containing them?

If you can pick up a line on a scheduled day off its 125% as far as i understand? assuming you don't go over your required 1-day off/wk limit. So does this mean that when on reserve its difficult to pick up a critical line, until you have a R1, or am I mistaken?

What are the trends of lines being critical of any percentage (125,150,175%)? I believe nov/dec holidays everything gets crazy but lets focus on any given month...

Is there an average number of critical lines each week (e.g. do sunday evenings tend to be critical, or maybe thursday mornings? who knows, maybe japans happy hour goes critical for PSA on Wednesdays, but thats the kind of stuff id like to find out)

and side question on SAP. Does no other airline really have SAP or something close to it? Ive heard about PBS but SAP seems to be one of the largest benefits of PSA and I've read and heard very good things about it. As in, many people choose PSA because SAP makes QoL that much better.

all helpful stuff people, im sure im not the only one learning a lot
Just keep in mind, if you had to sit reserve in DAY, you'll still be able to live in CVG and drive up.

Yes Republic also has SAP but it has a ton of restrictions that make it useless.