View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 10:09 PM
Lampshade2
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2018

Originally Posted by FlyingKat View Post
Just clearing the decks for a buyout. UAL has what it wanted, the AA flying is gone. Look for Trans States to get bought next, probably by Republic and may involve Commutair somehow, Gojet Comair planes to Endeavor, Gojet UAL 700s to be replaced by Republic 175s, and Compass to be bought by RP as well.....

We will be just fine, thanks.
I can't speak about the Commutair or Endeavor planes. However, I would expect in the next week or so for an announcement that Republic will be absorbing a big piece of Trans States Holdings. BB has already said on multiple occasions that something big is coming and with F. Oxley in Indy almost weekly, it is only a matter of time before the announcement comes. Everyone here at YX is excited for the move because it advances our west coast presence that we are severely lacking.

It sounds like both companies will operate independently for an undisclosed period of time. When the 145 contract TSA signed with UA runs out, the 145's will be removed from service (I believe somewhere around 2022.) By that time the infamous MRJ that TSA guys talk about all the time should be rolled out and fully integrated in the YX network