Thread: Sun Country
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 08:48 AM
RedBeardedPilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2015

Originally Posted by DSRoss996 View Post
Maybe I should clarify. No commuter clause. Trips that start early and end late. Lots of turns (more in the winter). Inefficient multi day trips. Training can literally be placed anywhere in your 3 months to get it done meaning 1 day off 2 days of training 1 day off with uncommutable trips on either end. If you have a month to month carryover conflict the company can will give you one day off. If you want to be released on a front end dead head you will have to send multiple emails. If you’re on reserve you might break guarantee in March, that’s about it. You can ask scheduling to fly you but they won’t. Plan on commuting up for your 10 days off a month and flying 5 of those days. If you’re on reserve you can plan on flying a turn on your last day. No long call. I’m sure I’m missing more.

Catching flights up to MSP is the easy thing. The rest of commuting for SY is not.
Gotcha, and yeah that's what I've been hearing for the most part especially being reserve/junior. Which is fine enough for me, I'm a few hours away or a real quick flight to MSP. Crash pad will have to do for now until holding a line with multi day trips. I agree commuting from the coasts or not having the driving option, shouldn't look to come here right now unless planning to move to base.

Question about the uniforms. Who's the supplier and is there any uniform allotment for new hires at all? Wondering if I should drop my current allotment on a couple fresh shirts at least