View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 03:13 PM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by JestersDead View Post
How in depth does a potential employer dig into the back round check of
your medical history. Obviously if one were to have a DUI, that is a given that they would know. I'm not trying to hide anything to a potential employer but I don't want to give them too much information at the same time. I want to find a balance.

Seven years ago I had a non flying accident that resulted in a total joint replacement. When I submitted my paper work for the medical six months following major surgery, it got sent back with a letter from the FAA. Long story short, they wanted my medical back and with the advice from a lawyer, the problem was resolved 11 months later resulting in a special issuance. No where in my medical records was it stated that my medical was denied. But, the gut wrenching letters are on file. Again, will an employer see those letters?
US airlines will not dig into your medical records at all anymore.

Today most just want to see a valid 1C.

Worst case, to my knowledge, a couple of the legacies will do an in-house medical exam just to verify that you meet 1C standards. If you have to do one of those, brings your docs from the FAA, all you should have to do is show them the final resolution.