View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 08:20 PM
mrgoodguy
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2018

Sounds good. Maybe it's time to make some friends with spare rooms in MSP then
Thank you

Originally Posted by Pull and Rotate View Post
As a junior lineholder you will get around 14-15 days off. We have line bidding so you get stuck with a mix of multi-day trips and turns. Plan to commute a day before or after depending on when your show/release time is. I have a 3+ hour drive to MSP and find myself driving down the night before a trip or driving home in the wee hours of the morning quite often. Usually not on both ends. I am fortunate to have family that lives in MSP so I don't have to do the hotel/crashpad thing. We have a ridiculously archaic way of dealing with trip trades/drops/pickups/advertising. It does seem like a lot of advertised turns do get picked up by locals looking to make some extra money so you may be able to gain some extra time off if money isn't an object.

There's more pure multi-day lines for June with the HNL and DFW flying starting up. My hope is there will be more multi-day lines as we start service to new markets.

If you can get through the suck that is reserve then I think your goal of getting 14 days at home isn't completely unrealistic after being here for a year.
YMMV