Old 11-07-2007, 09:26 PM
kalyx522
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: Student Pilot

I just use a tissue or piece of toilet paper to touch the dirty surfaces, like light switches, sink faucet, air conditioner knob, TV/remote control (I've read that the hotel remote control is one of the grossest things on earth, more of a hot zone than a public toilet). I've been to plenty of hotels where it was apparent the sheets hadn't been replaced. (Not the blanket/comforter because we all know those never get cleaned anyways, but the actual white sheets.) I would see crumbs, bugs, and most often, curly little hairs on the white sheets. (UGHHHH.) I've also seen little hairs on supposedly new towels, it's sick, I mean this is what you use to pat your face after a shower and it has curly little hairs on it from god knows where/who!!! Several times in different hotels I was in the room at the same time the maid was cleaning it... and I noticed none of the maids ever wore gloves or washed their hands... basically, she would replace your sheets with the same bare hands that cleaned the toilet.