View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 08:07 AM
gojo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2010

Originally Posted by FlyingKat View Post
Never said Gojet or TSA are going to offer Endeavor rates. What I've said is it is likely TSH will be sold, and their will be pay increases as part of that sale.

The market for pilots is what it is. Either you pay rates that are competitive or you will struggle to staff. Sorry if you can't follow that logic.

Currently Endeavor has no problem staffing, but when everyone else matches it, that will change. You assume no one is going to match it which demonstrates a complete misunderstanding of how this industry works.
I just don’t see how a non wholly owned airline can compete? Almost every function piggybacks off of Delta.
There is very little duplication. And that translates to much lower operating costs, which Delta is able to pass on in wages.
Now in regards to Delta acquiring GoJet or Compass, I’ve been hearing rumblings regarding this for over 5 years now. Is it a form of whipsaw, or a distant threat for Compass or GoJet to toe the line? Maybe, but Delta has said that they want to go down to three regionals at some point. So I agree with you that Compass and GoJet will not be around in the future. But I think that Republic would be the buyer. I just don’t see Delta buying either of them.