Thread: UAL Mil for Mil
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 11:22 AM
LeeFXDWG
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B737 CAPT IAH

Originally Posted by massgflight View Post
I would like to see if we can get sustained info & support for us soon to be retiring mil guys desiring to get on at UAL on this new thread.

Mil bubbas for Mil bubbas. I'm one. So much blubber gets injected into these forums. Just the facts please.

I'd like to get hired. 20 year fixed wing chump- current. Ready to get in the game. How many recs, how far out to publish, in house recs importance and how many needed? 100 hours in last 12 months still key? Pure helpful realism is great. I need a job and like United for domiciles and brand regardless of current events. Thanks all.
The best stats and recommendations might come from Cage or Emerald on how to position yourself best to get asked for the interview.

On this forum you’ll get a pilots personal story on what they did. I suppose with enough you get a general idea of the baseline. That being said, while pilots have similar experiences and backgrounds, it’s important to remember none of us here know how the system works. The agencies I mentioned don’t know either but do have a database of what has worked for their clients.

Back in my day, the squadron had a binder 4 inches thick of trip reports for each major airline. I don’t know if that happens anymore. We had enough internal intel and lessons learned that made it much less of an unknown.

Based on my recent conversations with both military and civilian new hires while going through training for a month, they all spoke highly of the prep agencies and said it was well worth the cost.

Again, knowing what pilot X did/had might be good generic info but you aren’t that pilot.

My 2 cents,
Lee