View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 04:55 PM
Dashdrvr
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2018
Position: Q,

Originally Posted by TeamSasquatch View Post
I lived in Spokane for sometime. Like any city, there are the good and the bad areas. I rented a room for dirt cheap with some college buddies that was in an interesting part of town..... You will have a lot of flight options, so that helps. And, you could drive to SEA if needed... Not fun, but if they do long call, that could take the stress off. Buy a nice van, live in it down by the sound when at SEA. Long term, living on the west side of the sound will be better. Short term, you could sell the van when you get a line. Honestly, living just outside Seattle and taking public tranist to the link or all the way by bus will proabbly be just as easy.
Myself, been commuting within our system for many years. Wasn't too bad when load factors were 70%. As load factors approach 90% it has become almost unbearable. When your commute home is longer than your work day something is wrong. Spokane is one of the worst commute legs. Back in the golden days of the airlines load factors were 40-50% and schedules allowed 18-20 days off per month it was a reasonable life.
Now I live in the domicile I commuted to and life is mucho better.