View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 05:47 AM
Bluedriver
The REAL Bluedriver

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Airbus Capt

Originally Posted by BeatNavy View Post
If there are “limitations,” that indicates there are some provisions in place to allow for some of each. Otherwise it would have said
-no code sharing or joint ventures
-no C91 flying

Does SWA have any of the above? If not, regardless of the language, how could it possibly be industry leading if there is an airline that has none of the above allowed?

Also, the bullet points don’t claim anywhere that this AIP has industry leading scope. While I agree that reading the full language is required to assess the full value of this AIP, and to fully understand each section and expand on the bullet points, some conclusions can be drawn that that don’t necessarily need full language. And having second best scope has value...not arguing that.
Second best scope definitely has lots of value. Just sick of hearing"industry leading" when that clearly is not the case.

And just as Continental's "nothing bigger than 50 seats" scope magically disappeared after the United merger I would bet our "no RJ" scope vanishes after a merger with the big 3 or ***ALASKA***.

I prefer to at least understand where we are vulnerable rather than think we have won a permanent RJ victory.