View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 10:30 AM
flydiamond
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

Originally Posted by gojo View Post
Stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in Omaha a few days ago. It’s in an industrial park area as well. The hotel is nice, but the only thing nearby is a gentleman’s club, a subway, and a gas station. But you must walk approximately 1/2 mile along a very busy road with no sidewalks. To me that doesn’t seem suitable to only have one food option and unsafe walking conditions. I asked for the van driver to take me to the Old Market Square area. And I was told they needed to wait for a new driver to come in, and that it might be a while. WTF, do they not research these hotels before putting us in them? I did the hotel issues form, and there response was i was promised the shuttle during a period that it was unavailable. There were no airport pickups, so apparently there’s a gap between shuttle drivers. How is any of this acceptable? To me it’s a hassle to even ask for a ride, and more of a hassle to expense a taxi. The Aloft in JAX isn’t one of the nicest hotels, but it’s in a great area. I think we should have 3-4 food options in a safe area near all hotels we stay at. Additionally, I understand how it might be frustrating for those on short overnights. There needs to be separate criteria for over nights near 10 hours
Id say just expense the cost of an Uber or Taxi if the shuttle is not able to take you to a restaurant within 30 mins of when you ask... That seems reasonable.