Thread: AIP.
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 01:55 AM
Bluedriver
The REAL Bluedriver

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Airbus Capt

Originally Posted by todd1200 View Post
We have an AIP that few of us saw coming (and the few who thought it was possible in the near-term were widely ridiculed) and now, despite the fact that we don’t understand exactly what factors led the company negotiatiors to agree to this AIP (I think it’s safe to say Baker’s downgrade and the likelihood of a summer implosion were high on the list, but do we really know?), many of those who were most pessimistic about our odds and most willing to accuse the company of doing everything they could to delay an agreement indefinitely have suddenly become quite optimistic about our odds of getting a renegotiated TA in short order and have a ton of confidence in the company negotiatiors to quickly return to the table with some awesome improvements. If you didn’t see this AIP coming, how can you have such a high degree of confidence in your predictive capabilities? If I could go back 30 days and take bets on when we’d get an AIP and what it would contain I think a huge majority of pilots on here would lose a ton of cash. At some point don’t we have to show a little humility and admit that we’re not quite sure why we are where we are now or what exactly is going to happen next? Whether you vote “yes” or “no” I think there has to be some recognition that the economy is volatile and good times don’t last forever. There is some risk in voting either way, and an honest assessment of that risk is part of a well-informed decision.
Taking people's anonymous posts fully at face value during protracted contract negotiations shows a notable lack of situational awareness.

Contracts are achieved through pressure, ideally from many directions. Contracts are NOT achieved by being patient, compliant and quiet little brown star lickers.