View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 11:46 AM
Eseloco954
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2016

Originally Posted by SEPfield View Post
Exactly this!

If Delta/GoJet does do a press release regarding the extension the only purpose behind it will be to create the illusion of stabilization.
Delta wants to protect its summer flying and it can’t do that if pilots keep leaving GoJet because of the low wages and imminent threat that Delta may take back their 700s.

This exstension is nothing more than a method of creating false hope. Like when I tell a girl in the club I want to spend the whole next day with her. Chances are I’m gonna change my mind after I get what I want.

Was Expressjets cpa expired when Delta took those airplanes? I don’t believe so.
This cpa will have a lot of caveats that Delta can exploit to terminate the contract early if they so choose. I’m willing to bet that one of the major caveats is based on GoJets on time performance and ability to properly staff the flying. Which will continue to suffer as long as we have low wages and a management team that continues to look for new ways to undermine the CBA.

GoJet pilots and the airline in general is no safer now than it was a week ago.
From what I understand Express jet‘s contract was up for renegotiation in a year and it was their choice to pull out early to seek new flying. Regardless, G7 is cheap with decent performance.