Thread: Planesense
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 08:55 AM
AYLflyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2016

Originally Posted by GulfstreamBro View Post
*80-90 hours SE Turbine PIC on a single pilot rated airplane aka glorified arrow*
Far from a glorified arrow. I thouroughly enjoyed my PC12 time. I and many of my former coworkers are now at major airlines, in no small part due to the time we got in that airplane.

I got my 1000+ TPIC out of it and worked incredibly challenging schedules flying into and out of airports that Gulfstreams could only dream getting into. We didn't have dispatchers doing our performance paperwork. We routinley flew into airports that had runways that should have been labeled driveways, 25' wide with more potholes than a teenagers face. Always stuck flying in the weather and dealing with real ice/snow and never truly getting above it.

In all of my hours as a pilot, flying a jet has by far been the easiest. All the paperwork is done for me, all the performance is calculated by a computer and all my weather planning is done by someone else in an office.

As long as you don't get 'comfortable' and spend too much time in the PC12, it's an incredible way to build your time and experience.