View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 09:43 AM
Globemaster2827
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by rmr1992 View Post
Also fake news... the union did not "update". Per the post, which the original was deleted BTW... "GC Comms is not the union and therefore, unofficial at all times."

Thus Fake News...

Yes there is a staffing problem at SA, but they have still been able to hire about half as many people YTD as they did all last year. Therefore, they are on pace to hire same # in theory. The question is how many will leave and how will they staff the new 777 they just acquired? If they cannot hire enough to staff the new 777 IMO they will park a 737 and transition 737 pilots to staff the 777. Since the 767 and 737 service a certain customer that owns 49% of Polar I would bet the lost 737 capacity is absorbed by the 767 side of the house.
The rumor that I'm hearing from a 767 Instructor is that he's seeing 737 loads out on the line. He is speculating that this is already happening to a certain degree. My bet is that they up hiring on the 767 and if they can't staff it with new hires then they'll upgrade 747 FOs and send new hires to the 747... We're already seeing an abnormal percentage of 767 Captains with respect to the overall number of 767 Pilots. I believe the percentage is low 60s according to JS's Giant Comms products. That'll increase attrition, BUT it'll take a few years to have that affect.

They've got a million outs and most of those outs don't involve paying us anytime soon.