View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 06:54 PM
GlobalExpress95
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2018

Here are a couple of posts from another board:

‘There is not a new CP... there is a new DO. He’s apparently not much of an improvement. In fact, worse in some ways I hear.

The job is a great way to get a type rating and a paid move to Oregon. But once that’s done, the job searching continues.

It’s difficult to explain the culture there. You are expected to put heavy emphasis on the swoosh over everything else, including pay. The rank and file are pretty good, but your bosses lack in every way. The culture that is cultivated when the leaders are less than stellar can be miserable.

This current opening is due to a retirement. But this person has been hanging on by a thread for 2 years and couldn’t wait to leave. I will look for more open positions within the next year as the newly hired reach their 1 year anniversary and are free’d of their financial obligation for the move.

I understand the projects have decreased but there are still ample meetings and team building events to keep you occupied should you get bored at home. Have you ever been forced to go to a team building event with leaders whom you don’t respect and certainly don’t respect you? Not very productive! I could maybe tolerate some of this easier for $200k+...but not for $160k.’

‘Everyone there is now making around 190k or more total comp I'm told. $175 and up is the base salary. You can buy stock at a reduced price.

Weekly department meeting with attendance required regardless of how much you've been flying. Multi party conference call briefing prior to every trip.

They are cheap when it comes to hotels, airfare, cars and meals (100 USD in Paris). I guess CP is still a problem, rumor has it he hoards the FBO rewards, cherry picks the good trips and hands out the bad ones to people he doesn't like, thus forcing people out he doesn't like. Vacation is subject to the schedule and no hard days off. The DO still lives on the east coast and has no idea what's really going on.’

‘For what it’s worth, nothing has changed at NIKE flight since the new CP and DO took over.

I interviewed when they were last hiring pilots and while the hangar and tour is very impressive, behind all the sheen there are many shortcomings.

The pay is well below industry standard for a G550 captain. When I asked about the possibilities of pay raises, I was told that they (CP and DO) were not interested in paying their crews the highest pay in the industry and that “middle of the road” was the target. My impression was that flight department management were more interested in keeping all costs down than they were in paying crews the going rate (perhaps their bonuses were based on coming under budget).

I was told that at least once a week (sometimes more) that I would have to attend a meeting in the hangar when I was not flying. I was also told that I would be assigned duties that may or may not be related to aviation.

There are no hard days off. Technically, you are on call for work anytime you are not flying.

As another poster previously stated, it’s almost as if the management truely believe that working for NIKE is enough of a reward to compensate for poor pay.... I understand that they currently have 5 line pilots, of which 4 have been there less than 12 months... that should tell you all you need to know about NIKE flight.’