Thread: USAFR Pay
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 06:49 PM
reCALcitrant
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Originally Posted by Barrel Roll 135 View Post
This post is pretty old and I've decided to revive it since it's so great. Does anyone else out there have any tips on maximizing pay or just some good ol' knowledge and making the system work for you? I just started at my new C-130 unit and from what I hear, there are some guys out there that have the system down to a science.

Burn up all your UTA's and TP's as fast as you can. All other time request man days. If they need you and you have used all your UTA's and TP's, they have to give you AD days. Also, if you live out of town from your reserve unit, you get paid a travel day in and out. I.E. Monday-travel to unit (mileage plus per diem plus AD day. Tuesday-Thursday AD. Friday-Travel. Same as before. This means 5 days of AD pay for 3 days at the unit. Of course you are traveling on the other days. Also, using UTA's and TP's together makes billeting easier. Always on a 40A and no money on the charge card. On the Man days you get per diem, file a travel voucher, and get reimbursed. Makes the paperwork simpler. Hope this helps.