View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 07:21 PM
timnunes
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: ATR-72 FO

Yeah it's in the full motion simulator, lots of fun. They grade everything individually (altitude control, heading control, hold entry (you probably won't fly the actual entry, just talk through it), ILS Approach, etc.). I did well on everything except the hold entry. They gave me a radial that was 10* away from being a direct entry (which I chose), when it should have been a Teardrop. I was very surprised that I was "one of those people" who messed up the hold entry. I taught this stuff for gods sake! But, I made up for it with everything else and scored above an 80% and got the job.

If you can't remember what power setting to use, etc, they will remind you what it was. They walk you through it, they just want to see you can fly.

Don't take your eyes off the instruments. Your pilot monitoring will twist in your radials, turn your heading bug, change your altitude bug, basically do EVERYTHING except control the plane. But ONLY if you ask him/her to do it for you, otherwise they are not allowed to do it (keep that in mind while you are the pilot monitoring, they will bust you if you help your partner too much).