View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 12:41 PM
EMBFlyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: MD-11 FO

Originally Posted by saxman66 View Post
Bringing this thread back regarding jumpseaters in first class. I’m a frequent jumpseater on AA and have enjoyed several first class seats since D6 jumpseaters we’re now allowed to upgrade. But last week I had a gate agent assign me a first class seat. Thirty minutes later when boarding began, an error came up. The same agent said I wasn’t allowed to sit in first and handed me a coach seat. I politely asked about the new policy and he said that D6’s have never been allowed in first. Both agents agreed. I thought maybe this was a rogue agent, but now I’m on my third AA flight where I see empty seats up front. Maybe it was booked full and someone no showed or has the policy changed to not allow D6 up front again? Appreciate the ride as always, and enjoying a whole row to myself, but was just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The first time I ever rode on AA (offline) was in 2006. I flew out of JAX, which was run by Eagle (Executive). Coach filled up, but there were 3 or 4 First Class seats available. The agent said she couldn't put me on because I was a jumpseater. I asked, "So the plane has seats, but I can't get on?" She said she couldn't put me in First (AA was still charging for First at the time). She went down to close out the flight and then came back up top in a huff and told me to come down. The Captain insisted that I be boarded. The agent was not happy about it.