View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 01:44 PM
Antney
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2014

When at a major can you pull in 400K a year with out working on your days off? Just curious, assume that would be when your a captain.

My dilemma is I know that as a captain you can pull 400K but the question is when? If I left my current financial situation to the time to be there is a long time, I do have over 1,000 hours 121 time but that's from 12 years ago, then theirs the chance of not getting on at a major.

Right now I make 200K, have a company car for myself and my wife, all gas and food (going out) is paid through the year, easily another 10K each for those items. I have a private golf club membership paid for as well. This doesn't include bonuses which I cant count on or factor in to yearly pay.

Yes I am tied to my phone 7 days a week with emails, I do have a staff that will handle most of my issues but need to make sure those issues are handled so need to be in the loop at all times, never a break from it. I however have total flexibility with my schedule, can come and go as I please as long as I perform. Able to drive and pick up my kids from school, attend plays and coach all their sporting teams.

Its tempting to come back, just don't know if the sacrifice is worth it for my family, hate this position but I feel this way every year.