View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 02:03 PM
Antney
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Appreciate all the feedback, sometimes I wish my current job didn't pay well and had horrible work rules to make the decision easier.

I just feel if I leave, I would have to go to the regionals for a minum of 2-3 years before getting on at a major, and if I do get hired at a major would take another 3/4 years to make what I make now, so the soonest it would be 6 years were I am making 250K a year at a minimum. I have to weigh all the holidays missed, family events missed (my kids are 12-6). Yes in 6 years I could be making what I make now considering no wage increase or bonus but I would probably be giving up 125K per year for the next 6 years. 750K is a lot, ugghhh!!!!! Thats if everything goes well. My wife tells me to just wait to I am mid 50 and go back, by that time she doesnt want me anyways around since the kids will be gone, lol!

I remember being at the regionals, it sucked, was there for two years but that was when it truly was a regional and flew only to midwest destinations not across the country like it is now.