View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 06:22 AM
A330FoodCritic
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by Varks View Post
My apologies to my peers at other airlines jumpseating on AA. Culture continues to be a problem here and this is one of the issues that really ****es me off. I am embarrassed by the actions of my coworkers sometimes. AA73 is right on.

Dealing with the flight attendant can be a real pain in the ass. I asked nicely if we had a seat in first for a jumpseater(I new we did but was trying to not ruffle feathers). The reply was “if you come back here and serve him” and “it’s not fair just because your the Captain we have to do it. Why don’t you put other airline FAs up front”. My reply after initial shock. “Is it that hard to open a can of soda”? And “If the other airline Flight Attendant had the courtesy of saying hello to the Captain then I would be more than happy to sit them in First”. Needless to say that crew 2 of the 3 really sticks in my craw.

This is what you have to deal with here at AA. The culture sucks. Over many tough years the attitudes of coworkers has evolved in to a monster I don’t give a crap attitude. I will not give up trying to better this career and make it a pleasure for those who work with me. Some days it is a challenge.
UFB, to have a trip with a #1 with that sort of unhappy attitude. Must have been a fun sequence.

Last edited by A330FoodCritic; 05-30-2018 at 06:48 AM.