View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 12:52 PM
Psycho18th
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2016

Originally Posted by Tbpilot06 View Post
All I hear is what Rocky says the company wants from people that work there. Then I look at my own qualifications and say “ I have leadership job experience, Safety Manager , turbine PIC, a masters degree, 5 type ratings ... yet can’t get selected for an interview.
Have you had a bunch of folks check over your application? Maybe pay to have a pro look at it? I’m not sure anyone really knows what the magic formula is, but accuracy and attention to detail on the app certainly increase your chances.

As a former mil fighter guy, I can tell you there’s no magic line to Rocky’s desk or an interview invite. No one can recommend you one way or the other until you get the interview. Even then, any number of recs from folks you flew with won’t save you from a bad interview.

To a man, every pilot in my newhire class was an outstanding pilot and an outstanding person on paper and in person. It’s truly humbling the talent walking in that door from every background.

The whole civ-mil angst spewed on this board is getting pretty f-ing old. Ignore it, because there’s nothing you can do about it. Just keep applying, keep improving, keep trying to be that guy you say you are to an interview panel. All the rest is just luck and timing.

On that note...Good luck in your journey.