Old 05-30-2018, 12:55 PM
saxman66
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: 767 Pilot

I've read the last 200 pages and it has a lot of good information since the new contract. I think I would really enjoy going to different countries and working on the application now. My questions are:

If offered a job, do new hires get a choice between the 767 or 747 or should you take the one offered? Seems like totally different lifestyles for each.

How much deadheading can one reasonably expect other than to and from home? Is there much overseas deadheading or do you generally begin and end your trip in the US? I thought a read a few pages back that you don't get much choice when it comes to your deadheads. Do they get you on full service carriers or will they put you on Spirit or Ryan Air type airlines for the shorter flights? If you're loyal to a frequent flyer program can you request to stick with a certain airline or alliance (ie One World/Star Alliance)? Or do you have to just take the flight the travel department gives you? I figure if I lose flight benefits, getting airline status would be the tradeoff.