Thread: Arcos
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 04:36 AM
StartngOvr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2014
Position: Drivin’ the bus

Originally Posted by Buck Rogers View Post
A whole lot of easy solutions. If you need some ideas, u might consider turning off your phone with the ARCOS number enabled, putting in your green slip request with no call between xxx-xxx hours, or....quit buying lottery tickets in anticipation of hitting the jackpot

One man's improvement is another man's "pain"

True for ARCOS as well as contract most"improvements"

If you get a call, at least u know u are on the short list and can start getting the ball rolling if you are a commuter....it's not like they blast the call out to everybody in your category(all 450 of them)

Some will gladly accept a few rim shots in anticipation of driving it home on a few occasions....others can complain....the choice is yours. Plenty of pilots NEVER enter ANY green slip requests. You have already proven what you are.....the rest is just negotiating the price. As I am a self proclaimed commuter *****,I love the fact that they don't have to troll thru 10 guys prior to me all with 10 minutes or more to know that I am in the running and need to start making tentative plans. Once I got a green slip that was 4 hours after the first voice mail contact, but they were busy and had not moved on. This is the new price of doing business. I welcome it, because it is more in line with seniority bidding because it is all automated

Two days ago gas was $2.69./gallon, today it's $2.89....I tried to tell the attendant that that's not better....he just looked at me

I've proven why I am? How so? That I'm annoyed at a QOL reduction unilaterally imposed by the Company completely outside the negotiating process?

I think you've proven what you are. Might as well go ahead and mail in your YES vote now for C2019. Apparently the company can do as they wish. And you're ok with that.

You're turning this into a "commuter" vs. "live-in-base" pilot vs. pilot squabble. It isn't. If you let that happen, you are playing right into their hands by letting yourself get distracted from the real threat. One day it may be the commuting policy that comes under attack. What then? Should I stand up cheer because I live in base?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro