Thread: Three JS listed, two JS on Airbus

John Carr , 05-31-2018 08:53 AM
Gets Weekends Off
John Carr
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jul 2013
Quote: The mystery is the senior pilot who doesn’t LIST until inside a half an hour prior to push. Had the senior pilot listed, the junior pilot could have taken an earlier flight, or turned it into a 2 leg commute and gone through a different hub.
There was a EWR 777 $cab that would do that. Listed for SA ONLY, would wait till about 15-20 prior, THEN just take the JS. She’s retired now thank god.

Quote: I personally don’t agree with that view point . You def are in the minority in today’s world . Having commuted for the last 10 or so.

The whole non rev thing goes in seniority regardless of which work group you are in , pilot , FA , ground ops etc .

So by having a senior 87 hire ride the back and allowing the 2015 hire to sit in the Jumpseat , no seat was taken away from that ground ops fellow , him nor any other group besides the pilot group had access to that jump seat at any point.

The seats in the back of the airplane are the ONLY ones that other groups access too , so I don’t see it as you describe .

Respectfully don’t agree with your view point .
I agree with your respectful disagreement of his view point.