View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 04:24 PM
WhiskeyTang0
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2016

The fact is that people will continue to show up to class regardless of what is happening with negotiations. It would be extremely careless for someone to show up to an interview not knowing the current state of affairs at Frontier, and even if they don’t have all the details, at least they get the gist. However, the big difference is that these new hires haven’t experienced it like all of you. They haven’t lived through it, or flown with all of you to hear the frustrations, or heard the complete history. And quite honestly I bet they can sympathize, but they certainly can’t empathize. I bet 99% of the new hires are showing up hoping to get some narrow body time to improve their chances at the legacies. That’s my exact story, having left recently after 18 months at Frontier. They don’t care about what you’ve been through with Indigo just like you don’t care about their reasons for coming. You’re looking out for you and they are looking out for them. So getting frustrated with their presence wouldn’t be all that productive, however strength in numbers would be. Communicate and educate them when you get the chance. I agree if people didnt show for classes that would be great leverage. But there really isn’t a way to dissuade someone with a current airlineapps account who has an Airbus type rating being dangled in front of their face. This isn’t their forever job, like it wasn’t mine, but it IS yours. Yuge difference.