View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 11:24 AM
SUX4U
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2009
Position: B756 FO

Originally Posted by Hilltopper89 View Post
Exactly. Quickest way to a WB Line.
Yes but no. I have done that song and dance when I can get a “good” last minute trip to a layover in Europe that is across the Channel. Works out to maybe 1 trip every 2-3 months with my schedule and what opens up. If I lived in short striking distance of EWR I could have MAYBE picked up 2-3 764 trips last minute since the beginning of the year, but that’s not the case for me.

The majority of 756 leftovers for an out of base are most often LHR to Europe or GRU to S. America and almost always the bunkie spot on a 763. You don’t get wide body pay. Plus doing a bunkie trip to Deep South America facing double 10 hour all nighters is nothing short of brutal.

Is it a nice change of pace when you can get a trip to GVA or CDG on the one off? Absolutely! But it’s not enough for me to stick around on the fleet for now while guys 1000-1500 numbers junior to me on the 737 in SFO are laying over in KOA/OGG/LIH/HNL/ITO/SAN/FLL/SJD/CUN while I’m rotting in traffic in mid town Manhattan after another transcon.