View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 11:33 AM
SUX4U
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2009
Position: B756 FO

Originally Posted by awax View Post
It's no secret that the fleet has a less than stellar reputation for being user friendly, and many feel that the training is narrowly focused and delivered with a healthy dose of arrogance.

So to answer your question, is it "for no reason"? No, I think there is a reason which could either be a reflection of the management culture or individuals who simply hate the repetition of the work. Maybe it's something else. And yes, there has been outward hostility and making training more difficult than it needs to be. Ask anyone who went through in winter of 2015 if they had reason to critique the transition course. To be fair, I understand that training is currently better in DEN than it was in IAH several years ago. Additionally, there ARE some awesome instructors in the fleet now.

So, when an inside joke stops being an inside joke in a fleet at TK that has a reputation for being tools, how should it be received?

A previous post mentioned that the Hateful 8 are the good guys. OK, cool, ironic name, but fine. The fleet needs good guys, seriously. Tagging the briefing rooms with their logos without letting line pilots in on the joke only helps to perpetuate a perception that it's business as usual.
Thanks for the reply. I now understand your point more clearly.