Thread: Omni vs Atlas
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 01:48 PM
4runner
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2009

I’ve interviewed at both carriers. I’ve several “observations”, ie opinions vis a vis both carriers. First off, the atlas interview process is much more organized and in line with what you would get at a major airline. Omni is more of a traditional, “can we fly with you around the world” and are you a douchebag, old skool type environment. There’s very little interaction with HR at an omni interview. Atlas has several steps and people you’ll meet along the way. Atlas seemed organized, but arrogant. Like, “you’re lucky to be here”. Omni was more like “you passed, we’re glad you’re here”. There was a lot of negativity at my atlas interview. They questioned my choice in going overseas after a furlough and made some borderline politically incorrect, disrespectful and condescending comments about where I was flying. Omni was positive about the significant overseas experience I acquired.
Atlas asked if my current employer could even verify a PRIA check, as if they didn’t have an HR, flight ops or email because they’re not white and American. Omni looked at my logbooks and asked some questions about how I planned alternates, going into challenging parts of the world, and made me feel that they were glad I could offer my experience to their operation.
Omni is a smaller operation, with a focus on DOD operations. It’s challenging and not always easy. Omni also doesn’t sue their pilots. Omni is Hemorraging pilots to UPS and FedEx like atlas, but they’ll ask you at a UPS or FedEx interview if you know “so and so” from omni, as that person was just hired and made a good impression.
Atlas HR is a known quantity, and rather smug, unfriendly and didn’t leave me with a warm fuzzy feeling. They hired 2 out of 24 that interviewed with me. Omni hired 2 out of 6 that interviewed with me. With omni, you’ll get a handshake from a line pilot and not stupid platitudes from a weird HR lady and thrown shade from an angry retired guy. Btw, atlas will remind you about 93.8 times that they train “special” crews on the 747🙄