Thread: FlightSafety
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2006, 01:09 PM
jack

FLIGHTSAFETY HANDS DOWN

They teach you how to fly the right way. They place a very high emphasis on the fundamentals of flying. Not just techniques. They live and die by using the checklist. Same thing at an airline. They have an established network of pilots all throughout the industry (there several of us here at FedEx). There is always an aircraft available which is very important for training. There mx is top notch.

They get you ready for an airline plain and simple. I started in sept. of 97. Got hired by a regional in Sept of 99. Got to FDX in sept of 05'. Go to the academy, best money youll ever spend.

Living in Vero is kinda rough on the social scene. Your either 65 or older or 13 and younger. There is riverside cafe which is OK but gets old fast. My roomate and I were paying 300 bucks each for a 2 bedroom apt. (1200 square feet). Really cheap. Great airport to fly out of. On the beach, in the middle of the state, all the controllers around florida are familiar with FlightSafety in a good way. Unlike DCA in Sanford or Riddle, your not spending 15 minutes on the ground to take off. You have Ft Pierce about 15 min South which is great for touch and gos. You have Melbourne were you can get all your approaches in within an hour and a half. The syllabus is very well put together. I could go on, but I think you catch my drift.

Last edited by jack; 04-03-2006 at 01:19 PM.