View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 08:44 PM
golfandfly
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009

Originally Posted by kronan View Post
1st-VTO process has ALWAYS been a PBS system.
One difference so far, is I've yet to see someone in the New System asking why someone 15 VTO lines Junior to them somehow wound up assigned to a trip they had requested.

Now-to the 115 versus 48

MD-11 Capt bid pack in February had 266 Lines, 97 VTO, 115 Reserve (478 total)
July 266 Lines, 131 VTO, 48 Reserve (445 total)

Reduced manning of 33 would put the Reserve lines to 82, 20% down from that would be 66 while only 48 were published.

So, I'm thinking the 82 Pay only lines had to have some impact on the bid pack.
And I'd venture a guess that Vacation Utilization is likely quite a bit higher in July as compared to February which would lead to a greater need for VTO lines.
My guess is that there would be more Reserve Lines if the Company could still Involuntarily Convert folks...but that option's gone away.

Thanks ALPA
I’ve never been involuntarily converted. But I know some people have.

I have noticed the massive loss in R lines. I’ve always bid R lines on vacation months, but it’s doubtful I’d hold one now. If secondary line reserve honored carry in leveling or vacation leveling, I’d be ok with picking up R blocks in secondary lines. Also, I’ve always bid 15 straight R lines (or 19 in 5 week months) and conflicted them with training twice a year during training months. Practically impossible to hold since there are now almost none of these lines.

I agree that the VTO system was PBS. Now we’ve just increased the PBS lines significantly. They gave up involuntary conversion. Sounds like another terrible trade off.

Thanks Alpa, this contract really sucks!