View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 09:37 AM
Starscream
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: B757/B767

I used to email a contact person at AMCD to get paperwork in immediately. Fax machines and I don’t like each other, and the email approach was always free.

Anything on a CD, though, had to be sent via snail mail, unfortunately.

And rpatte1637, yep was in a similar boat myself. Had a Grade I subarachnoid hemorrhage/brain aneurysm 5 years ago and it was looking like I’d get certified at the 1 year mark. I was as ‘good as new’ after only
About 6-7 weeks and was back to doing everything I was doing normally (except flying and getting paid).

The FAA neurology consultant who reviewed my case said that he identified a small frontal lobe infarct that was secondary to the bleed itself, and even though there was no mention of a ‘stroke’ anywhere in the narratives/reports he considered this a form of stroke.

Boom, an expected 1 year wait became a 2 year wait (2.3 years, really since I could not even begin the required follow up testing till the date of my 2 year anniversary).

If you run into anymore problems with this, I’d get in touch with Dr. Bruce. I started off with AMAS/ALPA Arromedical, but turned to Dr. Bruce after the 1 year denial. I was blown away by just how much he knows about AMCD and the outside consultants they use. In fact, I’d recommend he be the first point of contact for anyone with a brain or heart (the organs that can ‘really’ ground you a painfully long time) problem.