Thread: Commuting life?
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 10:59 AM
captande
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017

I just moved to base after commuting a year or so. My commute was pretty rough. The area I lived in had very few airline serviced airports within a quick drive. So I had about an hour drive, then a regional leg to a hub followed by a mainline leg to base. The only bright side was the D2T system American has when having a connecting flight on your commute. I was always top of the list for the mainline flight. Only like 10 flights a day out of the airport I was leaving from so commute in day always started with a 0545 flight out (a 0300 wake up to get there in time) then go home day if I didn’t get to my bed until 0100. That was if I didn’t have to go in the night before or leave the day after due to early show or late release.

Starting my trip yesterday I woke up in my own bed, left an hour early due to traffic (which I hit of course), and tomorrow when we block in at base I’ll be in my own bed by the time the sun sets.

I had a really positive attitude about commuting because I really enjoyed where I was living, but I doubt I could ever go back.