Thread: 500 hours
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 05:13 PM
B757
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2010
Position: B757

Originally Posted by pncpa44 View Post
Can anyone give some insight? I have been away from flying for 10 years and now with the pilot shortage, I am looking to reenter the industry professionally. I have a little over 500 hours and plenty of multi time, but I haven't been flying. I am pretty confident in the ground school portion of things since I've been reviewing for about 2 months, but now need to get back in the cockpit. I realize I will have to spend some money to get current again, but am looking for advice as what may be the best way to proceed. Like many others, I don't necessarily want to instruct. I know that there are part 135 operators that hire with as little as 500 hours but since I've been out of flying I am assuming they will want to know how much I have done in the past year and the competition will be tough. Any suggestions? Please, no comments about getting back into flying. The decision was hard enough already.
..1st, get your currency and competency back..Especially multiengine IFR..You need to spend some time and money here, because your future employer wants to see some motivation and proficiency..Next, go out there and look for an entry level job, better pay and quality will come later..Good luck..!!

Fly safe,
B757