View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 05:44 PM
flyguy727
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by FlyGuy21 View Post
Hey guys,

Getting into the 121 world... I know every person has a different experience, but am looking to get some inside perspectives on current situations right now with a few different regionals. Things change so fast, so looking for most up-to-date info.

Situation:
- Live in CLT area (~45 minutes to airport)
- Current offer in-hand from Republic
- Interviews set up for PDT and PSA

Let's say, hypothetically, in an ideal world I get an offer from all 3. I know big thing is to live in base, and I've read that PDT is opening CLT, and I've heard mixed things about PSA in regards to CLT base (8 or so months for FO to CLT, then forced upgrade at 1.5 years to be off base again as a junior Captain).

Other factors are benefits, pay, etc. I want to be able to travel with my gf, so there are obviously pros/cons for being wholly owned by AAG (PSA/PDT) and Republic (benefits at big 3 airlines, but low priorities) for non-rev travel.

In your opinion, what would you go with, and why? CLT base is high priority for me, but it's sounding like that may not be as feasible as I'd hoped. So, wagering in commuting between the 3 (Endeavor/Envoy currently not interviewing), is another factor as well.

Thanks for the help!
Here is my take, 1st there is going to be a down turn for the reginals in coming years, not because of the economy but, because of lack of pilots. Right now flight schools are find it difficult to find instructors. Who would thought you could be getting paid 30 to 40 dollar's an hr for instructing? Where do regionals their pilots, flight schools.

So, right now all these companies are offering bonuses, if you go to company A, get a $25,000 bonus stay 2 yrs. Then go to company B, get another, let's say $30,000 bonus, sray there 2 yrs, then go to company C, get another bonus, let's say another, $30,000 bonus, you would have in 6 yrs nearly, after taxes, almost in bonus $60,000 cash and approximatly 6000 hrs jet time. Now you have money and the hrs to go any where you want.

Have fun!