Thread: Omni vs Atlas
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 05:42 AM
Davetastic
Ice-bagger

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by DC8DRIVER View Post
The fact that you identify yourself as a part of the pilot group but not a part of the union clearly indicates why you continue to criticize union supporters and places you squarely in the company management camp. There is no in-between. It's either them or us.
I thought we had found middle ground upon which we could agree several posts back and in other threads but it appears as though you just keep sliding further and further toward insanity.

It isn't "them or us" as you put it. It just "IS". I can read, and what I read is disconcerting from a UNION PILOT! I'm not management, nor do I care to be, and because MY union's political position is far enough away from my core values I don't want to be in the UNION MANAGEMENT either. BUT, I do volunteer. But you know that because you are IN the union.

Yet you live under the protection of the union and benefit from the contractual provisions fought for and won by the union but you don't consider yourself a part of the union. You are a leach.
A "leach"? WRONG! ...and btw, it is "leech". If Atlas were not a closed shop and I opted out of paying dues then perhaps I could be considered a leech but because I was hired AFTER our current contract, I knew what I was BUYING, albeit with my dues and my career, BEFORE I got here. But because Atlas IS a closed shop(you can't opt out of paying dues) and I pay my FULL dues and because I volunteer, how can you call me a leech? There you go again....loosely throwing around terms to bolster emotional upport for a failed propaganda campaign.

Furthermore, you might want to consider why you feel the need to criticize virtually everyone who posts here - even those who aspire to get a job at Atlas; slamming their "credibility" when their opinion doesn't align with your vision of the world.
Why don't you take some of your own advice and stop being so critical of me! The OP said that he was a victim of discrimination....I gave him advice, and you call that critical? Whatever dude....maybe that koolaid is too strong. And just so you know....I was critical of the company too.....where was that in your diatribe?

Last edited by Davetastic; 06-11-2018 at 05:55 AM.