Old 06-12-2018, 08:56 PM
whalesurfer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013

Originally Posted by Bluesville View Post
Interviewed mid April.
I was not selected and it’s my fault, I know what I did wrong and could’ve done better. My advice... make sure you have nothing else going on in your life. You want to devote all your time preparing.

How I got the interview....
Two yrs ago I went to the Vegas FAPA fair in April and spoke with DT, didn’t pass the Hogan. Last Jan I filled out a new online UPS App and a month later automatically got the Hogan. Passed it in late Feb, Spoke with Mr Parker in early March Interviewed mid April.
34yrs old, 7000 hrs, 2000 Turb PIC, 4yr Degree, Flight Instructed, flew Part-135 gigs during the recession BankChecks/Courier stuff and Cargo prior to my current Regional.
Heading to an AMCI next month getting an MD-11 type with hopes of trying again or getting Purple’s attention.

Question to those in the UPS loop: Is it one interview attempt only and that’s it? Or can one try again in a year?

Hope this was informative
Stay well y’all
Sorry to hear you didn’t get it - this time.

You seem to have a great attitude and it’s really cool of you trying to help others even though you must be very disappointed with your TBNT result.

I think going to an acmi is the right thing to do and yes, we have plenty of pilots who interviewed several times before they’re hired. I believe you have to wait one year but I’ve also heard 6 months? Not sure..
Hope to see you in ugly brown pants one of these days. Wish you the very best.