Old 06-13-2018, 05:42 AM
baseball
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2013

Originally Posted by Guppydriver95 View Post
Wow. Are they annoyed at the $$ amount, the frequency or both? Can’t say I’m surprised though. It’s obvious that their end game is to make it such a pain in the butt that people just throw their hands up and forget about it. I think we should all expense every nickel we have coming. Flood em with expense reports. Please let us know if they have any follow up re: expense account training. Now that’s funny.
I think ALPA should have gotten a courtesy call on this and someone should have figured out a paid training module to help the pilots. The end result is thousands of pilots making thousands of phone calls and emails asking for help wasting thousands of management and office man hours.

Concur doesn't do anything that the old system didn't do. So no real upside. It is a more widely used piece of software and app that appears to be more widely accepted in the business community.

I am going to do what works. I don't see a need to change what I am doing and how I am doing it to please someone in an office. In reality, the office support people are there to..."support line pilots." It's their job to answer the calls and emails of pilots who require administrative support.

if I was to dream up of a pilot friendly system it would consist of this:

System A: drop off the receipts in person to the flight office.
System B: take a picture of the receipt and email it to flight office.

Use whichever system you want. In reality, I think we are cheating the office support staff out of the opportunity to do their jobs. This is sorta like going to the grocery store and doing the self-serve line. You check out the groceries, pay, and bag your groceries yourself. If you use the self check out line, you should get 10 percent off. Another words, the company is saving money by having us line pilots jump through out butts figuring this stuff out.