Thread: Commuting life?
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 12:06 PM
Poser765
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2009

Originally Posted by Cyio View Post
While I dont do any of those things you mentioned in terms of the commute itself, I do stress about getting home. I have a wife, three kids, three dogs, friends and family I want to see, not to mention all of the other engagements I have to attend or take care of.

Commuting makes those harder and I do care about not wanting to travel on my days off work. Sure, I am fully aware I chose this way of life, so I am not blaming the airline or anything, just trying to advise others that it is a lot more work and stress to live outside of base.

We are changing it though by making a move to base. We are lucky as we both have family there so it is a pretty easy move for us. I should have listened to all the people telling me to move first, I could have saved a lot of time and stress.
Totally get that. None of us want to be at work and away from family more than we have to be. You just have to go with the flow. Don’t make it home the night you finish a trip. Just relax... it sucks,I know, but too many people let it ruin their day. I’m talking ready to throw trash cans out the window mad. Just chill... that’s how you get an ulcer.

That’s what I mean when I say don’t care. You didn’t make it on? Get on with your life. Those who can’t do that need to move to base or find a local job. Otherwise commuting will destroy them.