View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 12:16 PM
nitefr8dog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by tiredofjrm View Post
What does Soaper do? From where I sit, it looks like Boja and Maloney does all the work, and Hete makes all the decisions.

I want that kind of job.
So far? Absolutely nothing positive that generates money. Not knowing how to properly staff an ACMI carrier has cost ABX untold millions. Both in lost revenue and additional crew costs. Just not having a pilot group that is willing to "dig in" and help when the wheels are coming off because he has lost all of their respect can get expensive. There was a day when most ABX pilots would bend over backwards in a pinch to help.....now most listen to the message on the machine and just laugh. That comes from an internal attitude to treat your employees like dogs then hope they will help you in tough times...they are suprized when they get bitten. Unbelievable. Most companies figure it out...not here. It's always been plan for the best then scramble and threaten have discipline meetings, put letters in your file during the worst. It just does not work.I once asked the previous head of crew scheduling why 1 trip with 4 legs and a 10 hr layover was scheduled 4 days in a row back to back.....his answer...its computer generated. It changed when the crews called in fatigued every other day 2 weeks in a row. They just don't get it!.