View Single Post
Old 06-16-2018, 12:15 AM
suddenimpact
Banned

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by NightIP View Post
It comes from a lot of experience seeing this in action, actually. If, for example, you're on P2P and are actively calling out our EXCO in a public forum, your committee membership actually makes it a worse offense. It's a violation of trust and the commitment to service that comes with it.
Was reading through the morass of messages since having to go do something else more productive. This one reply struck me as a little humorous. Especially when the ExCo prevents you from voicing your opinion via our private union web forums (now non-postable to) and even crew web calls for dues paying members when they don't like hearing what they have to say.

CK and the now gone JC got their positions on the ExCo by using their positions on the P2P committee while shooting arrows at that existing ExCo at that time here. To the point they got fired off the P2P committee vs how the current ExCo used the 1224 President to remove those volunteers associated with the FPL amendment under false charges that were later exonerated in the end by the 1224 president.

There was even a little evil data piracy by the NextGen slate of new hire membership data by JH (now on the most recent exco) to help get the NextGen slate elected then. First to the fresh meat so to speak wins the majority. This, to the point, I was called upon to seek out the turncoat CK shooting our membership in the foot as explained earlier on the retirement LOA and the data theft post.

Teamsters, as ALPA, is selective in enforcement of the bylaws and the constitution is part of the problem.

It's sad that newer folks in our group just implicitly assume their leadership is beyond reproach. I, myself have never had any interest in leadership, but have a skill set to get things done without charging the union for it with the exception of 14 UB days over 20 years of volunteering at just Atlas alone, let alone other properties. To include donating equipment for the cause when there was no budget for it.

Having said this to your earlier response, what have you done?