View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 03:14 PM
DickBurns
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015

Originally Posted by Qotsaautopilot View Post
Noise cancelling headphones, a backpack on shoulder(s), and sunglasses on head facing forward and especially backward do not belong with a pilot uniform. On duty or not, if you are in uniform you represent us all and those three things make us all look toolish.

In the cockpit wear your sunglasses. On a commute or sitting at the gate waiting feel free to use headphones. Not moving about in the public eye. Backpack? Really? Honestly, even strapped to your roller is semi-toolish imo. Get a big boy bag. We aren’t on a camping trip or going to high school.

When walking through the airport you know who’s traveling for business. Between the people in suits with a nice bag, and those with a polo and a backpack, who do you think are the pros and who is a hack just scrapping out a living? No one knows for sure but I know what we can assume by appearances alone.

Look like a pro.
Since I'm the only one that mentioned a backpack, can assume you were talking about me? I was making the point that just because I own something and intend to use it, there is a time and place. I also mentioned a fishing pole and golf shoes.