View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 06:11 PM
Otterbox
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Gear slinger

Originally Posted by GoNavy View Post
I am starting to prepare to come back to flying professionally since the early 90s. I am coming from piston charter and flight instruction and am looking to work for a regional.

Has anyone else attempted and have been successful at this? If so what advice can you give me? I have passed my first class medical and BFR (like riding a bike) I completed almost all of my IPC and am working privately with an Airline Trainer on a full motion simulator. I am also reading manuals and studying Technical Interview gouges. Any advice on today’s glass cockpit airplanes and transitioning to EFBs is appreciated.
Get the IPC done, and get instrument currency prior to your interview.

For interview use aviationinterviews.com and sheppard air Airline interview test prep (its for regionals) and that should get you passing any technical/HR questions you're likely to experience for your regionals of choice. You'll get hired by someone you're interested in, especially if a lack of currency is the only negative thing on your record.

Its much easier to go to glass from traditional gauges than reverse. The Biggest difficulty will be FMS management.