View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 07:18 PM
dera
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

Originally Posted by COKS View Post
In my time instructing there, supervised solos wasn't a thing. However the school did put a tremendous amount of effort into the solos, they had tons of rules and guidelines, the biggest issue was the students were on a timeline, they had to solo within a certain timeframe and both the students and the instructors knew this. I thought that was the biggest danger, forcing every student to solo in a certain timeframe, because as mentioned by JohnBurke, a handful of these students were not solo ready. How more crashes don't occur is an absolute, hands down wonder.
After flying out of a field where these yahoos show up regularly, I can only say a lot of these guys should never be flying in the US airspace.
I had 2 or 3 near close calls because of complete BS traffic calls they made just because they repeat them from memory, not because they actually understand what they are saying.

Like, "midfield right downwind", when they are actually upwind.
I hope these schools will be sued out of existence. They push through students who aren't even close on the "english proficient" requirement, and their DPE buddies accept it.

What they SHOULD do, is that the US embassies in China should conduct the visa interviews in English, not Mandarin/Cantonese as they do now. That would weed out the worst candidates. Read the interview of that cowboy deportation case. The guy was here to get his ATP, and his English was at "Policeman is best american" level.

People have died, and will keep on dying, because of them. Disgusting.