View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 03:14 AM
jarinawoz
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Yes, there is the point.... its not a job it's a lifestyle.

Ok, it makes difference, small airfield pilot (like CFI or other) or airliner.... I find airliner job slavish, as I hear from budget airliner friends.... I am not sure anymore if I dream about it or not...really. Not as free as it seems...

With small, friendly airports even if you fly only 2hrs that day, it will take your whole day its not possible to go to an airport, fly the 2 hours and go home.....
and husband / wife, if an outsider, will calling and texting like crazy...- why are you still on the airport? - what can you do there all day? ...and when they are out with you on a sunday, they start to whining and getting bored.... :P

I think in this lifestyle is the most important thing is to have a partner who is into flying on ANY way (glider, ATC, or even just a hobby spotter)... because the main problems come not from flying an airplane but from your background.

OR if the partner is policeman, military, whatever, not an accountant in 8 hours, there is a chance than he/she will understand.

Originally Posted by galaxy flyer View Post
It’s NOT a job, it’s a lifestyle that pretty much consumes you. You’ll miss holidays, miss family events, be away for when someone at home is ill, etc. I told one friend of both parents dying while he away away. A friend had his basement flooded while on the other side of the world. As ranchers say, “don’t buy a ranch to big that your wife can’t manage if you’re away. Same in aviation.

GF