View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 05:55 AM
COKS
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2017

Originally Posted by dera View Post
After flying out of a field where these yahoos show up regularly, I can only say a lot of these guys should never be flying in the US airspace.
I had 2 or 3 near close calls because of complete BS traffic calls they made just because they repeat them from memory, not because they actually understand what they are saying.

Like, "midfield right downwind", when they are actually upwind.
I hope these schools will be sued out of existence. They push through students who aren't even close on the "english proficient" requirement, and their DPE buddies accept it.

What they SHOULD do, is that the US embassies in China should conduct the visa interviews in English, not Mandarin/Cantonese as they do now. That would weed out the worst candidates. Read the interview of that cowboy deportation case. The guy was here to get his ATP, and his English was at "Policeman is best american" level.

People have died, and will keep on dying, because of them. Disgusting.
I totally agree with some of that, sadly a lot of it is the instructors not correcting them on bad calls like that. 99% of instructors at large foreign student flight schools are young guys looking to get to the regionals ASAP, fastest way is through those schools, so their hearts and minds are really not committed to producing good, competent students. And every single student is business for the school, so while they may be incompetent and not able to fly, getting them through their stage checks means pay check for the school, its a backward system.