View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 08:38 AM
BunkerF16
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2012

Originally Posted by benzoate View Post
There will be no shortage of *****s who will gladly line up on their days off to rsa/vda. This alone limits the need to hire more pilots. The only issue is will these pilots time out faster. As it stands now the airline is actively tracking this.

With respect to PTOSB it is and has always been a scam. Whiles it’s not popular to state that and support its removal from the upcoming CBA the ability to bid and be awarded vacations not in September/October benefits the greater good. Never should paid time sick have been used as income. Sadly it did for some and hence the discontent.

I don't disagree with your comments about the summer allocation. I think it's long overdue. Along with the round robin vacation bidding as well. And as a guy who sold back 150hrs of PTO each year, I was very much on board with removing this company-benefiting program as long as our vacation/sick system along with a commensurate increase in pay rates made up for it.

The bullet points I've read, and the conversations I've had with my LEC rep has not convinced me what we gave up to gain the allocation/distribution we should have had all along, was worth what we gave up.