Thread: Reserve flying
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 01:35 PM
VASBYT
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016
Position: Right Side

Originally Posted by Kerizbro View Post
I would check what flights are available between where you live and where you want to be based.

Indy is what’s called an outstation base. This means we need to do the first flight out in the morning to get the pax to the hub base for their connecting flights. We also need to wait to do the last flight out of a hub back to Indy at night.

This means if you’re Indy based you will usually start off your trip with an early morning departure 5am - 8am. Keep in mind you need to be at the gate 45min prior to departure. The last leg of your trip back to Indy is usually a night flight arriving somewhere between 8pm-midnight.

There are some trips that end early, prior to noon and with a little seniority you’ll be able to hold those. In general if you are looking for a commutable base, I would look more at the hub bases(Mia, Dc, Ewr, Ord, Phl...) instead of the outstation bases.

Btw I think some really junior people were awarded IAH, usually new bases go junior for a while then really senior.

Keriz
From what I’m seeing based on the latest posts, is that LGA, CMH, and IND are the only base assignments. Unless I am missing something.

So how should new hires select bases? Should we base (no pun intended) our selection off a wishlist, with our first choice on the top of the list?