View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 05:39 PM
DirtyPurple
Not a real airline pilot

Joined APC: Jul 2016
Position: Cargo > Pax

Originally Posted by NoHaz View Post
What's the charge?, and is there a FedEx specific management path?

Charge is 0.4% for first $100k, then drops down in increments after that.

Not sure what you mean by management path. I went in an entered a bunch of information about my current financials and my desired end goals (age, dollars, aggressive vs protective stance). It’s all on sliders that I customize. FE calculated out what’s best for me based on my input, split me into 7 funds on a graduated scale.

When I go change my preferences (I want to retire at 60 instead of 62), it will recalculate the various funds and the slowly reallocate in the following months. The interface is transparent and the projections show a low, avg, and high. It’s more information about my future potential nest egg than I’ve gleaned from magazines and self teaching. I do like it.

My only beef is when the damned thing somehow resets my earnings to $4k/mo or yr and then the automation starts ****ting its pants that I won’t meet my goals. This glitch does not negatively effect the actual %s I’m investing with Vanguard each paycheck though. So it really is just an annoyance more than anything.